Terms and Conditions
These are the general terms and conditions for using the gamesinchains.com site
The information presented on this website is for general information purposes only. All content published is accurate to the best of our knowledge and ability, and there is no intention to mislead or harm any individual or group.
Vegan.uk accepts no responsibility for actions taken by readers as a result of information on this website, or any losses and/or damages you incur due to these actions. Professional advice should be sought where appropriate.
All of the views shared on this website can be attributed to Vegan.uk and/or DomainTree Ltd, being the owning company. We reserve the right to change these views in the future.
When users click on a link to another site, Vegan.uk is in no way responsible for third party content. Please ensure that you check the Privacy Policies of these sites before engaging in any business with them.
If you enter a giveaway competition on this site, we will not pass your personal data to any third party company without your express consent.
Posts on this blog which are labelled as “sponsored content” means that we are being paid by a third party to write about a product or service, but the views expressed in the post will be our own.
Sponsored posts or product reviews where we have been provided with a product will be marked in bold at the foot of the post.
We are a member of the Amazon affiliate scheme and some of the links in posts are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase a product using these links, we receive a small commission from Amazon. There is no additional cost to you as a buyer for this, and your transaction with Amazon is not affected.
Reproducing material from this site is prohibited unless expressly agreed, although print-outs for your own use are permitted.
All material is subject to UK copyright laws and all rights are reserved.
By using this website, you confirm you have read the information below and agree to be bound by its terms.
Terms may be changed or added at any point in the future with no prior notice given to users.
New regulations come into place on 25th May 2018 in the UK to enhance the existing data protection legislation already in place. Businesses must adhere to the stipulations of GDPR, therefore it means that:
- We will work to the best of our ability to keep your data and information safe.
- We will not share your data or information with third parties unless we receive your express consent.
- We will only store your data for as long as we have reason to do so, and will delete data that is not used after ten years.
- We will ensure that all of our suppliers and other companies that we work with are compliant with the GDPR guidelines and have their own policy in relation to this.
- We will respond to any requests relating to your own personal data from you within 30 days.
- We will always give you the option to unsubscribe from mailings and other communication from us.
- You have the right to request that personal data that we hold about you is deleted.
If you have any questions in relation to this, please contact us.
Version 1.0- Updated June 2018
Onli Virtual Economies (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.vegan.uk and by providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is DomainTree Limited, registered office at Onli Virtual Economies, Suite 2641, Chynoweth House, Trevissome Park, Truro, TR4 8UN, United Kingdom
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This may arise from you filling in forms on our site www.gamesinchains.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you comment on a blog post. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and website URL.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- for the provision of services requested;
providing always that you have given to us the necessary consent, to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- providing always that you have given to us the necessary consent, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you decide at any time that you no longer want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at The Data Protection Controller, Onli Virtual Economies, Suite 2641, Chynoweth House, Trevissome Park, Truro, TR4 8UN, United Kingdom
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- in-house research and statistical analysis;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our other websites as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Provided always that you have provided the necessary consent(s), we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If DomainTree Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of DomainTree Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
While we use strong encryption, both when your information is moving to or from our web services and also whilst your information is held by us, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking the necessary boxes to give such consent on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at The Data Protection Controller, DomainTree Limited, registered office at 51 Wiston Avenue, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 7QX.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to us at The Data Protection Controller, Onli Virtual Economies, Suite 2641, Chynoweth House, Trevissome Park, Truro, TR4 8UN, United Kingdom. Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will not be subject to a fee.